Grand Valley Kennel Club
ALL BREED Barn Hunt Trials
@ Mesa County Fairgrounds – Grand Junction, CO
September 26 @ 8:00 am - September 29 @ 5:00 pm MDT
ALL BREEDS ALLOWED
Be sure to check the welcome letter for any revisions to schedule/class order!
Judge Bonnie Gutzwiler (BHAJ-155A) of Yorkville, IL
Trial Opens: August 13, 2019
Pre-Entry Closing Date: September 16, 2019
LATE ENTRY ACCEPTED (for an additional fee) IF SPACE AVAILABLE.
There will be NO Day Of Show entries offered. Next day entries allowed if space available.
Will be posted if the trials get close to filling.
Online Entry (Will close at midnight MST on Monday September 23.)
Welcome Letter – will be posted after pre-entry closing
Volunteer Sign-Up – will be posted after pre-entry closing
Running Order will be available at the trial. Entry counts, schedule, and class order will be listed in the Welcome Letter.
Text Message Alerts:
Receive informational text messages regarding these trials!
(Including what classes we are currently building/running.)
INFORMATION WILL BE POSTED AFTER PRE-ENTRY CLOSING.
- You will receive a text message asking to provide your full name.
- If asked “Are you a teacher, parent, or student” – text reply “S” for student.
- Then your phone will receive text messages of interest during the event.
- You do NOT have to download or utilize the software link suggested to receive our text messages on your phone!
*This text messaging system is primarily used by educators, so it may reference “classes”, “teachers”, and/or “students”.
We would like to accommodate each and every conflict but sometimes that is impossible and you may have to make a choice. The running order for classes will be posted at the ring each day. Please notify the blind steward of your conflict BEFORE we are running your class so we can discuss how to best accommodate.
We cannot hold a class.
If you are not present by the time your class ends, you will not be able to run your dog in that class for that trial. There are two trials each day but a missed run in trial one cannot be run in trial two and cannot be moved to another day. Missed runs are not eligible for a refund.
How Does The Waitlist Work?
If a day fills and additional entries are received, we’ll take those entries on “waitlist status”. If someone pulls from the trial before pre-entry closing, they will receive a refund (minus any transaction fees) and if there is someone on the wait-list they will move into that spot. If someone pulls from the trial after pre-entry closing and there is another dog we can move in from the waitlist, the person pulling will receive a refund (minus a $5 processing fee per day) and the dog from the waitlist will move into the trial for the runs that became available. We will maintain a waitlist until five days before the start of the trial, after which any entries left on the waitlist will be shredded. Entries that are shredded when the waitlist closes will be refunded before the start of the event.
In order to be added to the waitlist you MUST SUBMIT AN ENTRY FORM and PAY IN FULL. You will receive confirmation of your entry that states your entries are “WAITLISTED”. Please keep an eye on your email as your status can change quickly!
Check back to this page to see if there are entries available late/day-of. You can also stop by the event and ask. Things can change last minute!
But What Time Will My Class Start?
We get a lot of questions on “when will my class start” for trials. I cannot give out times other than the start of the first class of the day. However, here is a way for you to estimate when your class MAY start running:
- My welcome letters give entry counts as of the pre-entry closing along with the order the classes will run.
- Here’s what BHA estimates time-wise for each run:
- Multiply out the estimated judging time per run x the entries in each class to get a rough estimate. However, please note that this doesn’t include absent dogs, move-ups, day-of-show/late entries, etc. And runs don’t always last the “estimated” judging time per run. There are no refunds/credits/moves for missed runs. Calculate at your own risk!